Horstmann Brothers and Company
The 6th cavalry (70th Regiment) was organized in August-October 1861, and was composed of men from Philadelphia, Luzerne, and Berks counties under Colonel Richard H. Rush. The regiment, nicknamed "Rush's Lancers", was mustered out of service on June 17, 1865. The first state standard's location is unknown. The second state standard was received by the regiment sometime after April 10, 1865 and was probably carried by the regiment until it was disbanded.